If you want an ASSESSMENT TO UPGRADE, or one for Maintenance Requirements please contact Stephen Peats at : email@example.com .
Normal order is:
1. Referee informs SDA they are requesting upgrade or Maintenance (via re cert. email, phone,SDA,etc).
2. Referee makes themselves available to Assignor(s) to work games.
3. Assignor assigns referees according to their criteria & the USSF ethics code.
4. Referee contacts SDA after receiving appropriate match for upgrade.
5. SDA Assigns Assessor.
6. Assessor & referee contact each other about the match.
7. Referee pays assessor the appropriate fee to include Registration Fee to US Soccer.
(prior to the match). The fee is a game fee plus registration fee.
8. Match is refereed & assessed.
9. If match is competitive & meets criteria, referee passes or fails.
10. If going for an upgrade - complete the above - plus
11. Complete and pass the fitness test.
12. Complete and pass the written test for the grade upgrading to.
Cost for upgrade -
Grassroots Referee to Regional Referee. - Assessment fee (game fee) plus $50 registration fee.
Regional Referee Maintenance - Assessment fee (game fee)
The following attachments are available to the referee as guidance or as information for an assessment :
Law Changes Assessment and Upgrade Procedures
See below information for Upgrade Requirements and Grade Maintenance Requirements
NEW FOR 2021 - 2022. NEW FITNESS TEST STANDARDS FROM USSF. THESE WILL BE POSTED ASAP.